Servings: 6 to 8
You are able to embellish the fundamental method, adding peas or fava beans to create a spring vegetable mlange, or chuck the ball sauted asparagus with hot pasta. Or serve this like a side dish for roast chicken, lamb, or pork.
- 1-1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Dietary Sample Size according to four servings
- Calories (kcal) : 150
- Fat Calories (kcal): 90
- Fat (g): 10
- Saturated Fats (g): 6
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1
- Monounsaturated Fat (g): 2
- Cholesterol (mg): 30
- Sodium (mg): 420
- Carbohydrates (g): 7
- Fiber (g): 4
- Protein (g): 7
- Slice the asparagus on the sharp diagonal about 1/2 inch thick, departing the guidelines whole. Melt the butter inside a large (12-inch) skillet over moderate heat. Add some asparagus and season using the pepper and salt. Prepare, stirring frequently, before the asparagus is simply tender, five to six minutes, decreasing the heat as needed to help keep the asparagus from browning. Don’t overcook the asparagus will soften a bit more because it cools.
- Take away the pan in the heat. Stir within the parsley and three tablespoons the cheese. Transfer to some serving bowl, top using the remaining cheese, and serve immediately.
Like to prepare? Register right now to get daily recipes from Fine Cooking plus special deals
Four Methods to Prepare Asparagus
This really is spectacular and simple – what is better? I did not possess the parsley and did not miss it. however i added lemon zest in the final toss which brightened up nicely. Would use rather less butter the next time – but otherwise perfect!!
A great recipe! Although it’s very quick and easy to really make it is very sophisticated and simple to personalize with sauted mushrooms or any other additions.